Wednesday, December 14, 2005

You temptress, you

So Tuesday afternoon I go to the premiere of Cheaper by the Dozen 2 in Westwood with Jaimee. We took our places near Starbucks so we could see the celebs walk in right before they enter the theater. And just so she can get a better shot of Hillary Duff, she moves up to the front, while I try to make do with the better visibility that I found elsewhere.
Part of me should stop acting surprised over what happened. I got hit on. Again. A man kept trying to talk to me, telling me he saw Carmen Electra with Dave Navarro, said my hair is thick but beautiful, offered to hoist me up on his shoulder for a better view, asked me if I was Filipino, and tried talking to me in Tagalog. He asked me more stuff like where I live. I think his name was David, but I was just so uninterested because he looked old and I could swear he was rubbing up against my ass. I told him I was with a friend, but I didn't want to point her out due to fear of what he might do to her.
So Jaimee totally saved me by calling me and saying that there's more space at the front. He still asked me for coffee afterwards, and asked me for my phone number. I refused both offers, and he got the idea.
I don't know how much I can keep relying on Jaimee like that. I fear her safety too, and I seem to be attracting quite a bit of danger that might include her in the line of fire. And I know there are sickos out there who actually think that Jaimee and I would be an object of their fetishism.
But yeah, after all of that I still feel like getting hit on is weird because I don't think I'm that attractive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home