Why knight in shining armor = bad
I never really liked knights in shining armor. It puzzles my mother quite a bit:
"Bakit ayaw mo ang mababait ng lalaki?"
I have bad moments, times when I come so close to despairing. Most likely, I just want to be left alone, unless I start asking people to hear me out. Given that I'm an emotional slut, I'm usually not that careful with whom I confide in (read: I'm uncharacteristically vulnerable. My classic line when explaining that to someone is "You just caught me at a very bad time.").
So under the guise of the nice guy, they'll want to help a girl out when she's down, especially if she's cute. Plus she'll like him for doing such a good deed for her.
I know what kind of girl I am. But when I'm weathered down by stress and bad times, I'll be more sensitive to knights in shining armor, and ignoring everything else just because I feel great, thinking that there's someone willing to do things for me. They saw me at my worst and they're still there. Aww, how endearing. He's someone I can get closer to without any fears.
Wait'll I get to my senses. I always grow to resent knights in shining armor. Being a knight in shining armor is being that evil opportunist who takes advantage of situations, and dare I say it-also takes advantage of girls. If you know of such a snake in your life, then think to yourself that you couldn't be any closer to being like that. Then again, regardless of one's intentions, strong women tend to see help from men as an insult to their "strong" personality and image. The context that strong women set for nice deeds and being rescued is very strict; there is a very small margin of error by misinterpretation. Say the nice words when she's hurt, she'll get hurt even more. That's not being nice, that's being stupid.
So men, don't like me just because I need help. Don't offer help expecting something in return, because you might get something you don't expect: a truly troubled girl who's attached at your hip. Honestly, who wants an insecure girl? And who wants a condescending asshole for a boyfriend? It won't do either party any good. It becomes a catastrophic sequence of events:
-Girl gets attached
-She becomes willing to throw herself at the guy
-They consummate whatever's between them
-Guy loses respect for the girl
-Guy starts treating girl differently
-Boom.
I used to think women wanted the proverbial pat on the back more than the promotion. Turns out men use the 'nice' label for wrong reasons too. Nice guys can hurt too if not more than a jerk, and when they do, it's totally unexpected. Never, ever use that label to excuse the most unfriendly behavior. Nice things does not a desirable man make.
"Kaya pala ayoko ng mababait ng lalaki...puro bola sila."
"Bakit ayaw mo ang mababait ng lalaki?"
I have bad moments, times when I come so close to despairing. Most likely, I just want to be left alone, unless I start asking people to hear me out. Given that I'm an emotional slut, I'm usually not that careful with whom I confide in (read: I'm uncharacteristically vulnerable. My classic line when explaining that to someone is "You just caught me at a very bad time.").
So under the guise of the nice guy, they'll want to help a girl out when she's down, especially if she's cute. Plus she'll like him for doing such a good deed for her.
I know what kind of girl I am. But when I'm weathered down by stress and bad times, I'll be more sensitive to knights in shining armor, and ignoring everything else just because I feel great, thinking that there's someone willing to do things for me. They saw me at my worst and they're still there. Aww, how endearing. He's someone I can get closer to without any fears.
Wait'll I get to my senses. I always grow to resent knights in shining armor. Being a knight in shining armor is being that evil opportunist who takes advantage of situations, and dare I say it-also takes advantage of girls. If you know of such a snake in your life, then think to yourself that you couldn't be any closer to being like that. Then again, regardless of one's intentions, strong women tend to see help from men as an insult to their "strong" personality and image. The context that strong women set for nice deeds and being rescued is very strict; there is a very small margin of error by misinterpretation. Say the nice words when she's hurt, she'll get hurt even more. That's not being nice, that's being stupid.
So men, don't like me just because I need help. Don't offer help expecting something in return, because you might get something you don't expect: a truly troubled girl who's attached at your hip. Honestly, who wants an insecure girl? And who wants a condescending asshole for a boyfriend? It won't do either party any good. It becomes a catastrophic sequence of events:
-Girl gets attached
-She becomes willing to throw herself at the guy
-They consummate whatever's between them
-Guy loses respect for the girl
-Guy starts treating girl differently
-Boom.
I used to think women wanted the proverbial pat on the back more than the promotion. Turns out men use the 'nice' label for wrong reasons too. Nice guys can hurt too if not more than a jerk, and when they do, it's totally unexpected. Never, ever use that label to excuse the most unfriendly behavior. Nice things does not a desirable man make.
"Kaya pala ayoko ng mababait ng lalaki...puro bola sila."


1 Comments:
you know, that's just the kind of thing that makes me question my sexuality.
Post a Comment
<< Home